Recovery from injuries of the central nervous system
Mechanical trauma of the central nervous system or a consequence of the disease often leads to irreversible consequences for the patient. Damaged axons of the central nervous system are weakly susceptible to regeneration, which leads to complete or partial paralysis of the body below the point of damage to the spinal cord, which is painful not only physically, but also morally for the patient. Thanks to the complex method of Stem Cell Therapy, we achieve significant results in the recovery of patients.
Most injuries to the central nervous system result from traffic accidents, criminal attacks, industrial accidents, and other accidents. But the damage to the spinal cord and brain may not result from physical injury but from infections, insufficient blood flow, and tumors. Currently, the treatment of injuries of the central nervous system is mainly limited to the introduction of high doses of steroids to prevent swelling of the spinal cord and brain and reduce the secondary inflammatory process. Still, the effectiveness of such treatment is low. The frequency of spinal cord injuries worldwide averages 40–80 victims per million people, while, according to the World Health Organization, from 250,000 to 500,000 people worldwide suffer spinal cord injuries every year. The problem is that damaged axons of the central nervous system are weakly susceptible to regeneration, leading to complete or partial paralysis of the body below the point of damage to the spinal cord. Brain injuries also lead to the appearance of neurological symptoms, chronic headaches, speech impairment, memory impairment, depression, and other unpleasant problems. Until recently, spinal cord injury meant life imprisonment for the patient in a wheelchair. This is painful not only physically but also morally for the patient.
But do not despair ahead of time! Thanks to the complex method of Stem Cell Therapy, significant results in the recovery of patients with injuries to the central nervous system can be achieved!
Stem Cell Therapy for injuries of the central nervous system.
Even though every year, rehabilitation procedures are being improved more and more (for example, virtual reality movement simulators have appeared), only their use partly does not give the desired result. To recover from a stroke, it is necessary to influence not only the symptoms but also the cause of the disease. Stem Cell Therapy has this property.
The specialists of our clinic have developed a combined treatment program for injuries of the central nervous system. It includes using the regenerative properties of Stem Cells, neurostimulation carried out on our unique equipment (NeuroPort, NeoStim-), physiotherapy, and individually selected physical rehabilitation. Only such an integrated approach is the key to success!
Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy can be applied to patients with various stages of the disease.
The potential for the usage of Stem Cells in treating diseases of the Central Nervous System lies in their main property, differentiating potential. Upon receiving a neural signal about damage to one or another part of the body, the brain sends a portion of Stem Cells to the so-called «lesion focus» and there they transform into cells of damaged nervous tissues, replacing the sick ones. The treatment has a powerful immunomodulatory effect, which helps stop the disease’s progression and destroy the nerve fibers’ structure.
In other words, Stem Cells can independently find the source of damage and the cause of the malfunctioning of the organs and systems of the body. They migrate to the source of the problem and cause a whole cascade of regenerative reactions there, restoring damaged functions. Thus, unlike other conventional methods of treatment, Stem Cell Therapy acts not only on the symptoms but also on the cause of the disease!
The best time for undergoing Stem Cell Therapy is when it is carried out within 1.5 to 6 months after the injury. However, we can help patients recover even at a later stage of the disease.
For recovery and treatment of injuries to the central nervous system, we use 4 ways to introduce Stem Cells into the patient’s body:
With this simultaneous administration, Stem Cells from different sources enhance each other’s therapeutic effect and increase the duration of the treatment effect. The combination of several routes of administration allows the transport of Stem Cells to all target organs (central and peripheral nervous system, muscular apparatus. There, they cause a whole cascade of regenerative processes. As a result, activation and formation of new cells of the nervous tissue occur, which replaces the damaged areas of the nervous tissue, providing a therapeutic effect on all symptoms of the disease.
- The intravenous way of administration ensures the penetration of Stem Cells with blood flow to all organs and tissues of the body that are weakened by the disease and cause the normalization of the functioning of all body systems. Stem Cells are present in every human body. However, their introduction in dosage millions of times higher than their normal amount in the body allows them to restore the myelin sheath of the affected nerve fibers and stops the overreaction of the immune system that this lesion cause. Such a large number of Stem Cells allows them to distribute not only in the central nervous system but also throughout the body, improving the function of all systems and organs. In addition, clinical studies have found that the introduced Stem Cells can be modified (differentiated) into other cells, including nerve cells. By modification, Stem Cells are embedded between the cells of the nerve bundles, thereby replacing all the affected areas. This restores the process of transmitting the nerve impulse and leads to the reverse development of disease symptoms.
- With intrathecal administration, Stem Cells are injected directly into the spinal space of the vertebral column. Thus, with the current of cerebrospinal fluid, they penetrate the blood-brain barrier and are fixed directly in damage to the brain and motor neurons. There, they stimulate regeneration processes, slow down the progression of the disease, and in some cases, restore lost functions. The introduction of Stem Cells into the spinal space slows down the process of destruction of motor neurons and promotes partial restoration of the structure of the spinal cord. Replacing dead neurons, Stem Cells reduce symptoms and improve motor disorders without causing a negative immune response in the body.
- The intranasal way is the introduction of Stem Cells and exosomes (concentration of regenerative substances that produce Stem Cells) to the patient by inhalation. In this way, the introduction of Stem Cells and exosomes penetrates directly into the brain through the vascular network of the nasal sinuses. The method can be used for the correction of cognitive manifestations of the disease: it improves behavioral responses, speech, attention, mood, sleep, social adaptation, and most importantly, it is very well tolerated by patients.
- Local way: Due to the age and disease progression the strength of muscle contraction decreases and muscle mass decreases (secondary muscle atrophy develops). Therefore, the local injection of Stem Cells and regenerative substances (exosomes) into the ligaments and muscles is extremely effective. They are introduced into the musculoskeletal apparatus using electrophoresis (a type of physiotherapy that will facilitate penetration into the deep layers of tissues) or injections. Thus, new vessels are formed in the muscles. This gives them a greater supply of oxygen and nutrients. Muscles become stronger, appear more energetic, and have a better quality of life.
During the treatment program, patients undergo a course of neurostimulation-activation of the function of nerve cells using unique equipment. Our project team specialists have participated in the development of this equipment.
- NeoStim-3 : spinal neurostimulation. Innovative stimulation of the spinal cord using transcutaneous action of electrical impulses on the neural networks of the spinal cord.
- NeoStim-16: peripheral myoneurostimulation. Transcutaneous functional electrical stimulation for the correction of pathological motor stereotypes.
- NeuroPort: translingual neurostimulation. Allows you to effectively and non-invasively influence the brain directly during exercise therapy, cognitive training, and relaxation sessions. Thanks to such training, the patient gradually restores the function of sitting, standing, walking, reduces spasticity, resumes free motor activity, improves cognitive functions, restores speech, normalizes sleep and emotional state.
Also, the program includes classes with an instructor rehabilitologist under the program «Evolution of Movement» according to an individual plan, which allows you to identify pathological patterns of movement, correct muscle tone and postural reactions, and form the correct biomechanics of movements in patients with impaired motor function on the high-tech rehabilitation equipment:
A gamified device with biofeedback
- Rehabilitation simulator «Ortorent S+»
Treadmill (treadmill, treadmill) with biofeedback.
- Apparatus for active-passive mechanotherapy of the upper and lower extremities «Ortorent MOTO»
Designed for active and passive development of the upper and lower limbs.
- Medical bicycle ergometer “Ortorent Velo”
Helps to strengthen the muscular corset, reduces swelling, and allows you to restore the physiological symmetry of the work of the lower extremities.
The specialist also will offer corrective taping and recommendations for home correction of movement biomechanics.
Stem Cells Therapy program also includes complex physiotherapeutic procedures that improve the penetration of Stem Cells into the damaged areas and create conditions for their long-term functioning (hyperbaric oxygen therapy, electrical stimulation, reflexology, etc.).
The minimum duration of the program is 7 days. The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, but if necessary or if desired by the patient, the program can be performed on an inpatient basis
Depending on the patient’s condition (the stage of disease, the presence of complications and concomitant diseases, etc.), the doctors of our clinics can make changes and additions to the treatment program according to the patient’s needs.
We warn that the effectiveness of Stem Cell Therapy depends on many factors (the patient’s age, concomitant diseases and complications, individual characteristics of the body, genetic predisposition, lifestyle, etc.), so the expected result of treatment may differ from the actual result. In addition, we draw attention to the fact that the recovery of patients after Stem Cell Therapy should be implemented as part of a comprehensive approach to the treatment. Stem Cell Therapy can be combined with other therapeutic methods. This increases the effectiveness of the main therapy. Therefore, we recommend that you continue your rehabilitation and follow all your doctor’s advice on drug treatment of the disease in parallel with Stem Cell Therapy. This is a crucial point for achieving a sustainable result.
We provide the most comfortable conditions of stay and excellent client service to our patients:
- free transfer (the patients are taken to the Clinic from railway stations or airports and back);
- selecting and booking the most transport-accessible hotel (only accommodation is paid);
- оur clinics have facilities for the comfortable stay of people with disabilities.
Our clinics have everything you need for treatment: our laboratory for the cultivation of Stem Cells, biobanks for storage, and the best specialists in Regenerative medicine who constantly improve their skills to help our patients with the most modern and safe methods.
We try to make our patients feel at home in the clinic and the entire treatment process goes smoothly.
You need to consult with the doctors to get complete information about the possibility of Stem Cell Therapy specifically in your case. Sign up for a free consultation with the specialists of the clinic and give yourself the opportunity to live an active and full life!
We will do our best to help you!