The exact cause of Autism is still unknown. Therefore, there are no proven treatments for Autism currently available in conventional medicine. However, the unique method of Stem Cell Therapy created by our specialists gives little patients an impetus to develop and live a full social life.
Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that usually appears at an early age.
The generalized term «Autism» refers to several syndromes that form the Autism Spectrum of Disorders (ASD).
There are several forms of the disease:
- Asperger’s Syndrome;
- Autistic disorder;
- Pervasive disorder;
- Disintegrated disorder.
In addition to international classifications, a psychological option is distinguished.
There are 4 groups of children with Autism symptoms that were identified:
- Detachment, lack of need for contact with the outside world.
- The presence of negativism and rejection of reality, hyperexcitability.
- Substitution of the environment, lack of emotional connection with loved ones.
- Lack of contact with the external environment, fearfulness, and vulnerability.
Each of the forms has its clinical manifestations, but typical symptoms are:
- impaired social interaction,
- repetitive behavior,
- limited interests and activities,
- earning disabilities,
- problems with memory, thinking, and speech,
- metabolic, immune, and digestive issues,
- sleep disorder.
When compared with healthy peers, an autistic child has a lack of interest in anything new (lack of curiosity).
The exact cause of Autism is still unknown.
The causes of Autism are varied, from genetic predisposition to exposure to environmental factors as well as side effects of vaccination, immune and neurological inflammation, etc.
Some changes in the brain morphology of people with Autism have been scientifically proven. Previously, autism spectrum disorders were diagnosed in 1 in 68 children, now in 1 in 88. About 40% of children with Autism are mentally retarded.
Unfortunately, nowadays, there is no proven cure for Autism available in traditional medicine.
However, the unique method of Stem Cell Therapy created by our specialists gives little patients an impetus to develop and live a full social life!
The traditional way of treatment
Conventional therapies cannot cure Autism completely. Conservative treatment usually includes social/educational interventions and medical management. Many children are treated with anticonvulsants and tranquilizers. Traditional treatment includes social skills training, early intensive behavioral therapy, applied behavior analysis (ABA), speech therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, cognitive behavioral therapy, and perhaps even hormone therapy.
The main problem of traditional treatment for Autism is that medications can only reduce specific symptoms affecting only one or two of them up to some extent and simultaneously having many side effects.
Stem Cell Therapy for Autism
Even though there is no proven treatment for Autism currently available in conventional medicine, the unique method of Stem Cell biotherapy created by our specialists gives little patients an impetus to develop and live a full social life!
Stem Cell Therapy is one of the most promising approaches to helping patients with Autism. It is a high-tech method, the safety, and effectiveness of which have been confirmed by numerous clinical researchers.
It is important that our specialists continue scientific research on the use of Stem Cells for the treatment of Autism. The ongoing clinical trial in which 150 patients take part is:
«Safety and Efficacy of the Transfusion of UCB (Umbilical Cord Blood) in Patients With an ASD (Autism Spectrum of Disorders) Depending on the Degree of HLA Compatibility. (ASD-HLA2019) »
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT04099381
The potential for the usage of Stem Cells in the treatment of diseases of the Central Nervous System (including Autism) lies in their main property, which is called differentiating potential. Upon receiving a neural signal about damage to one or another part of the body, the brain sends a portion of Stem Cells to the so-called «lesion focus», and there they transform into cells of damaged brain tissues, replacing the sick ones.
In other words, Stem Cells can independently find the source of damage and the cause of the malfunctioning of the organs and systems of the body. They migrate to the source of a problem and cause a whole cascade of regenerative reactions there, restoring damaged functions. This fact allows the usage of Stem Cell Therapy for helping patients with diseases, the exact reason for which is still unknown to modern science, including Autism.
It is important to note that the best results of Stem Cell treatment are seen in children. The reason is that they have a greater regenerative potential compared to adults; therefore, the treatment with Stem Cells allows this potential to be strengthened and cause self-healing in the focus of brain damage.
Expected results of Stem Cell Therapy in patients with Autism are:
- The emergence of harmonious social relationships and reciprocity (improved eye contact, social smile, and communication with others).
- Improvements in the cognitive sphere (attention, concentration, and reaction time).
- Positive changes in speech and language patterns (reduction of echolalic speech, regular use of language, improvement in the ability to initiate or maintain a conversation, and reduction in speech regression).
- Improvements in the behavioral sphere (reduction of aggression, hyperactivity, normalization of sleep, and wakefulness).
- Strengthening immunity (children begin to get sick less often with colds and allergic diseases).
Specialists in our clinics have developed a unique method of a combined approach to the treatment of Autism — Stem Cell Therapy.
Stem Cell Therapy for Autism combines:
- The use of Stem Cells from different sources that are delivered to the nervous system by intravenous, intrathecal, and intranasal routes.
- Individual programs for the treatment of immune and neurological inflammation.
- A complex of physiotherapeutic procedures that improve the penetration of Stem Cells into damaged areas, create conditions for their long-term functioning, and effect (hyperbaric oxygen therapy, electrical stimulation, reflexology, etc.).
- Social rehabilitation (optional). It can be carried out in our clinics or recommended for the patient’s place of residence.
With this simultaneous administration, Stem Cells from different sources enhance each other’s therapeutic effect and increase the duration of the treatment effect. The combination of several routes of administration allows the transport of Stem Cells to all target organs (central and peripheral nervous system, immune and endocrine systems). There they cause a whole cascade of regenerative processes. As a result, activation and formation of new cells of the nervous tissue occur, which replaces the damaged areas of the brain, providing a therapeutic effect on all symptoms of the disease.
- The intravenous way of administration ensures the penetration of Stem Cells with blood flow to all organs and tissues of the body that are weakened by the disease. This fact is essential for patients with Autism since the disease is also combined with immunological and endocrine disorders. These cause the normalization of the functioning of all body systems and create conditions for the further proper development of the child.
- With intrathecal administration, Stem Cells are injected directly into the spinal space. Thus, with a current of cerebrospinal fluid, they penetrate the blood-brain barrier and are fixed directly in the area of the brain.
- The intranasal way is the introduction of Stem Cells and exosomes (concentration of regenerative substances that produce Stem Cells) to the patient by inhalation. In this way, the introduction of Stem Cells and exosomes penetrates directly into the brain through the vascular network of the nasal sinuses. The method can be used for correcting cognitive manifestations of the disease: it improves behavioral responses, speech, attention, mood, sleep, and social adaptation, and most importantly, it is very well tolerated by the children.
The minimum duration of the program is 3 days. The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis, but if necessary or if desired by the patient, the program can be performed on an inpatient basis.
Depending on the patient’s condition (the stage of disease, the presence of complications and concomitant diseases, etc.), the doctors of our clinics can make changes and additions to the treatment program according to the patient’s needs.
We warn that the effectiveness of Stem Cell Therapy depends on many factors (the patient’s age, concomitant diseases, and complications, individual characteristics of the body, genetic predisposition, lifestyle, etc.), so the expected result of treatment may differ from the actual result. In addition, we draw attention to the fact that the recovery of patients after Stem Cell Therapy should be implemented as part of a comprehensive approach to treatment after regenerative cell therapy.
Stem Cell Therapy can be combined with other therapeutic methods. This increases the effectiveness of the main therapy. Therefore, we recommend that you continue your rehabilitation and follow all your doctor’s advice on drug treatment of the disease in parallel with Stem Cell Therapy. This is a crucial point for achieving a sustainable result.
We provide the most comfortable conditions of stay and excellent client service to our patients:
free transfer (the patients are taken to the Clinic from railway stations or airports and back);
selecting and booking the most transport-accessible hotel (only accommodation is paid);
оur clinics have facilities for the comfortable stay of people with disabilities.
Our clinics have everything you need for treatment: our laboratory for the cultivation of Stem Cells, biobanks for storage, and the best specialists in Regenerative medicine who constantly improve their skills to help our patients with the most modern and safe methods.
We try to make our patients feel at home in the clinic and the entire treatment process goes smoothly.
You need to consult with the doctors to get complete information about the possibility of Stem Cell Therapy specifically in your case. Sign up for a free consultation with the specialists of the clinic and give your child the opportunity to live an active and full life !
We will do our best to help you!